When I see a bird flying



When I see a bird flying
I think of you
when the wind howls
I hear your name
when the rain hits my face
I feel you slap me with your tears
& when thunder breaks the sky
my heart drops away
either side of your memory.

Bring me a bottle of your warmest nostalgia
a taste, of your sweetest ambrosia

the dog bark of centuries
echoes across the back yard
cutting through clusters
of diamond memories
hung like a bead curtain
in the doorway of the mind

they are so obvious
these metaphors of you
clichéd, pureed, all cut up
kodachrome paintings
aesthetically arranged
across the wall & floor

the lines begin to shudder
with each rank breath of you
this is the third stage
intoxication bleeds logic with contempt
until flame licks photos
and the blue smoke
dances you away


No comments:

Post a Comment