Psalm of the new way




Plastic
everything is burnt or burning
not by real fire
I am standing
on something connected
to everywhere that is nowhere

Birds scream
wind buffs my shrinking head
my skin is plastic
salt-spray chaps
it's almost 3D
but everything will always be TV to me

My broken compass
is directed
toward fibre-glass worlds
that never rot
that will now never decay
like us

The name of months/seasons
seem archaic/mythological
my eyes regress/disillusioned
not aware as such
find it harder to make words
from shapes

Blended objects
I am one of those
vaporised/granulated/atomised
bounced off the sharp walls
glasshouse green hybrid stones
don't break anymore

Rain splashes
acidic/translucent/plasti-coated
melting my tired yet welcoming eyes . . .  

Not sure who did this one (wish it were I)

No comments:

Post a Comment